Continuing Coaching Education Units:
Request a Certificate Now
1. What Are Continuing Coach Education (CCE) Units?
You receive one hour of credit for one hour of actual learning time.
At every Virtual Community monthly meeting, a presentation is made by a guest speaker. The primary purpose of this presentation is to provide learning to coaches attending the meeting. The Virtual Community offers ICF approved CCE units to its members attending this presentation. This CCEU is useful for coaches who are working towards ICF certification or recertification.
2. How Can I Get Continuing Coach Education (CCE) Units?
You can receive credit by sending your email address to a link or address, which is given out at our monthly VC meeting.
How it works:
A CCEU password is given out at the monthly meetings to all coaches present. ICF members attending the Virtual Community monthly meetings send a blank email to the CCEU password provided, within 7 days, and in return, the person requesting the CCEU will receive her/his CCE unit certificate via email.
3. Why Would I Need, and When Would I Use Continuing Coach Education Units?
You will need Coach Continuing Education Units to renew your ACC, PCC or MCC Certification. Some CCEU’s may also apply to application for initial certification. For more information see the ICF Credentialed Coach Directory page on the ICF website.
ICF Virtual Community CCEU Instructions:
We are pleased to provide CCEU’s for our two monthly Program Calls. Attending both calls each month allows you to obtain up to 24 CCEU hours each year. The Programs award CCEU’s in one of the four recognized categories.
Here's how it works:
- We’ll tell you what category each call is when we send the announcement
- At the end of the speaker's presentation, we give you a code word
- You send a blank email (within a week) to the address given, with your name in the subject line
- You will receive a certificate by return email. Simple! Save the certificate until you file for certification/renewal
The categories are:
-- 188.8.131.52 Core Competencies
-- 184.108.40.206 Personal development of the coach
-- 220.127.116.11 Development of the coach's practice
-- 18.104.22.168 Other skills or tools that are directly applicable to coaching
By requesting a CCEU, it also gives us an idea of how many coaches joined the call, and helps the ICF to confirm that we’re providing a valuable member service.