Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
1. What is the Virtual Community?
The Virtual Community is a place where ICF coaches globally can come together to network, share and learn.
2. When was the Virtual Community started?
The Virtual Community was established in May 2000. It was originally created to serve members who did not have easy access to a local ICF chapter. Today, it serves all ICF members globally, whether they attend a local chapter or not.
3. How can I become a member of the Virtual Community?
As an active ICF member, you can join our VC members list and attend as many meetings as you wish. See our link on this website to add your name to our VC Members’ Subscribers list. As a non-ICF member, you can join our VC members list, and you are invited to attend up to six of our meetings as a guest, after which time we ask that you become an ICF member and continue to join in our meetings.
4. How can I join the monthly meetings?
The VC serves its members through monthly meetings by telephone, on a bridgeline. We currently have two monthly VC Program Calls. You can join in the meetings at the times listed on the ‘Our Meetings’ page (click on the link at left).
5. How can I become a member of the International Coach Federation?
Click on the ‘Become a Member’ tab on the left hand side of the ICF website.
6. Who pays for the telephone costs to join the monthly VC meetings?
ICF hosts the bridgeline, and each person calling in pays for their individual phone cost.
7. How can I find out about volunteering as a member of the VC Leadership Team?
If you would like to volunteer by Joining our TEAM, please contact one of the VC Co-Leaders or a Leadership Team member working in an area that interests you.
8. What are the benefits that the Virtual Community offers its members?
Some of our member benefits are:
· Easy access to top-notch coaching training and development
· Connecting and networking with coaches worldwide
· Opportunities to learn from high-caliber speakers and leaders on a variety of topics and perspectives
· A place where your voice can be expressed, heard and respected
· A forum and space that you can help create that will help you achieve your personal success
· Opportunities for personal growth and contribution and to be part of our talented leadership teams
9. How can I get a copy of a past speaker’s presentation?
Click on the Meeting Summary link beside the meeting date of that particular speaker’s presentation and you will be able to view and print a copy of the speaker’s presentation if one has been provided.
10. What are Continuing Coach Education (CCE) Units? How can I get it, and how does it work?
Please read CCEU information outlined on the page called ‘CCEU Info.’