Training Program Search Service (TPSS)
ICF does not offer training for becoming a coach. (We do offer professional development for practiced coaches.) As the accrediting body, we cannot recommend any specific training programs.
To ensure quality training, the International Coach Federation (ICF) accredits coach-training programs that meet its high standards. To find ICF-accredited programs, we suggest that you use our Training Program Search Service (TPSS) below. The search for a coach-training program is a highly individual process which depends greatly on your personal preferences and goals. The TPSS is designed to give you basic information about all ICF-accredited programs.
For further information, please contact this training organization rather than
the ICF office. The ICF recommends all approved programs equally and cannot
recommend one program over another.
||Think Brain Pty Ltd
|Bookmark this program:
||Open in New Window
||Neuroscience Academy - Applied Neuroscience and Brain Health
||Core: 20 Resource Development: 7 Total: 27
||ThinkBrain provides coaches, therapists and mental health practitioners with continuing professional development and training in applied neuroscience and brain health.
Think Brain was founded by Oxford University-educated PhD neuroscientist Dr Sarah McKay who specialises in translating neuroscience research into smart actionable strategies for coaching.
Think Brain’s flagship online program, The Neuroscience Academy, had provided training since 2015 and has graduated over 1200 students from around the globe. Think Brain is dedicated to adult education, training and development of professionals who understand using neuroscience in their work can be a powerful tool for human change.
||The Neuroscience Academy program in Applied Neuroscience and Brain Health is an online professional development program for coaches, health and wellbeing practitioners and other helping professionals.
The curriculum includes training in:
- ethics and expectations of coaches working in mind and brain health- brain anatomy, neuroplasticity, development and ageing
- cognition and emotion including how emotions influence thinking about behaviour
- the neurobiology of stress, resilience and working with strong emotions
- the neurobiology of habits, motivation and coaching for behavioural change
- the neurobiology of interpersonal relationships, empathy and coaching conversations
- brain health fundamentals including nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress reduction, social connection and brain training.
- scientific literacy and health communications training including the development of a shared language for discussing the brain in coaching.
The program consists of 17 lessons, summary notes and workbooks for every module, live group and private coaching calls with Dr Sarah McKay and an extensive library of resources.
||Think Brain Pty Ltd
6 Lae Place
Sydney, NSW 2100
||Dr. Sarah McKay
||ADD/ADHD, Business/Organizations, Career/Transition, Coaching Other Coaches, Executive, Health & Fitness, Leadership, Life Vision & Enhancement, Relationship, Therapeutic/Alternative Services
|Approval Start Date:
||May 1, 2019
||Accreditation Renewal Date:
||May 31, 2021